Friday, November 29, 2013

DIY : Recycling Candles


Hello you beautiful you!

Today I decided to do my very first DIY (Do It Yourself) blog post and I'm super excited about it. If you are like me and are obsessed with candles (especially during fall and winter) then you will love this DIY tutorial. I decided to take my old Bath & Body Works 3-wick candles and make new candles out of them. 

I hate when you spend $10-$20 on a large candle and only get to burn half. These candles are my absolute favorites, but they often don't burn down to the very bottom. The White Barn candles leave around a good 5 oz un-burned. Therefore I decided to take action and use up that 5 oz to make new candles. 

Follow the steps in the photos below to create all new amazing candles for winter.


* I decided to use two of my Marshmallow Fireside 3-wick candles and two of the Cranberry Woods 3-wick candles for myself. Feel free to mix the scents or stick to only doing one scent at a time. *





I hope you enjoyed this candle recycling DIY. I really loved the fact that I could still burn and use up the remaining wax that I originally could not. 

*ALSO... you can clean out your old candle jars (meaning the Bath & Body Works candle container in my circumstance) and use it as a makeup brush holder, glass (if you rinse it well and its the right shape), flower pot, etc... Get creative and you can recycle that part too. 

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns go ahead and place it in the comment section below and I will try to get back to you.

I'll talk to you soon!

Always,
Kirsten Nicole







No comments:

Post a Comment