Monday, August 19, 2013

Photos From the Road (California to Washington)

As a continuation of my last blog...

I am in Washington currently and due to a lack of internet connection at my brother's place, I had to find a Starbucks, which means I can post a few photos that I have taken on the road. So here is the start to my road-trip adventures. 


My road-trip from California, through Oregon and to Washington. Enjoy! More to come at a later date. (Sorry if the quality of photos is horrible, these were taken off my iPhone through the Snapchat App, because my camera function on my iPhone is currently out of commission)

Leaving California. The beautiful sunrise bids us farewell. Only 15 more hours to go from this point. (photo courtesy of my brother, Garrett Huxtable) 
Only 11 more hours to drive from this point: My father and I on the road to Oregon. (We named the moving van to fit its attributes)
Only 8 more hours to drive from this point: We have entered Oregon!!! Such a beautiful day to enter such a beautiful state.
Only 6 more hours to drive from this point: In Oregon our gas tank light came on so we followed the signs off the freeway to this beautiful 76 station. Somehow I feel like they might be closed. (Fun Fact: It's illegal to pump your own gas in Oregon, so we asked the gas station worker what he would have done if we had started to pump the gas ourselves, which we are accustomed to since we are from California. He replied, and I quote; "We probably wouldn't of called the cops on you.")

No more hours to drive: Once in Washington we had to go to the hardware store to pick up some stuff for my brother's place. I however spent my time very productively by finding the most obnoxiously large mailbox on planet Earth! Have you ever? haha.
This is Bellevue Washington. Such a beautiful photo if only it wasn't so blurry. Washington has been all sun and blue skies and no rain like I was lead to believe would dominate the climate up here.

Love Always, 
Kirsten Nicole


No comments:

Post a Comment